Home arrow Certified Outlets arrow Recently Certified arrow Mars Chocolate Denies Cockroach Intrusion
Mars Chocolate Denies Cockroach Intrusion Print E-mail

An Australian man claims to have made an alarming discovery while eating an M&M's chocolate bar - a dead cockroach.

Kyle Rosewarne from Melbourne had eaten four pieces of the Crispy Mint-flavoured bar, bought from Coles supermarket, when he spotted the insect.

A Mars Chocolate Australia spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia that they had 'received a call from a consumer today reporting he had found an insect inside the packaging of one of our chocolate products.'

'We immediately contacted him to request the product and also worked with an entomologist to conduct a preliminary review to determine the insect’s species and origin,' they continued.

'This review has found the insect did not enter the packaging prior to being shipped from our manufacturing facility, as this species does not occur in the region where the product was manufactured.'

'Given each block of chocolate we manufacture undergoes 31 quality checks and safety tests, and microbiological testing before it is packaged and shipped, it is extremely likely it entered the product packaging after it was opened.' 

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4483998/Man-finds-dead-cockroach-inside-M-M-s-chocolate-bar.html

Comment:
Whether the consumer or Mars is correct, if the highest standards and procedures are not maintained, quality may be compromised. This is also why constant checks and physical audits are required to ensure Halaal compliance and prevention of contamination.
 
 
< Prev   Next >

  helpline@sanha.org.za

SANHA Mailing List

 SANHA Mailing List Subscribe

Facebook
      Twitter
   
 
This website is powered by NET31