Meat (beef, Lamb, Mutton)
- 1 kg Chicken, Lamb, Mutton or Beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 Tbsp crushed ginger & garlic
- 4 tsp Durban masala red curry powder (Vary this ingredient to your choice of potency)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (vegetable oil)
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Cut the meat into suitable portions
- Peel and slice the onion
- Remove the skin from the tomato and cut into small pieces
- Heat the oil and add the cinnamon stick, onion and curry leaves. Fry until light golden brown.
- Add the masala mix, turmeric, ginger, garlic and tomato. Cook and stir into a puree.
- Add the meat and salt to taste and cook on a medium heat until the meat is tender. Be careful to prevent any burning.
- When the meat has cooked, add the garam masala mixture. Then simmer for a further 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Source – SANHA e-Bulletin